LodgeLink (hereinafter referred to as “LodgeLink”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) operates an online booking system (“Website”) that aggregates all available remote accommodations in one place and provides users (“you”) the convenience of booking through our Website.
We truly understand the importance of your privacy. Our commitment is to keep your privacy and Personal Information as required under Canadian privacy law. Our Privacy Commitment describes how we collect, use and share personal information. Our Privacy Commitment applies to all individuals and parties engaged in our business, including employees, contractors, consultants and other service providers.
What is Personal Information?
Personal information is any information in any form or media, about an identifiable individual, which includes any factual or subjective information about that individual.
What information does LodgeLink collect?
Personal Information you make available to us
We receive and store your Personal Information that you provide to us when making a booking or managing your account, including, but not limited to, your first and last name, telephone number, postal and email addresses, and billing information. We may also request information about your travel itinerary, preferences including room type, meal preferences and similar preferences.
Information About Others
When you make a reservation for someone else (“end user(s)”) through our booking system, we will request personal information and travel preferences about that individual or parties. It is assumed that you have obtained the consent of the end users prior to providing us with their personal information and travel preferences.
Location information & Related to Mapping Tools
We may collect information about your location if you have enabled the location services sharing via the privacy settings on your Mobile Devices. We may use the location information collected from your Mobile Devices to enhance your user experience by providing you with relevant content and contextual advertising. For example, we may use your location to show you the remote accommodations near where you are traveling. You can change the privacy settings of your Mobile Device at any time. In order to turn off the functionality, we suggest you contact the manufacturer of your Device or your mobile service provider for help. Please note that turning off location sharing may affect certain features and user experience applied on our platforms.
Web Tracking Information
We may use web tracking tools to maintain and to enhance our Website. Reports created using tracking information gives us insight into our user demographics, Website traffic patterns and other metrics. These reports will not be used to ascertain the identity of any individual person. We may provide these reports to advertisers and others for our research purposes. For example, we may use and apply Google Analytics and Advertising features, including:
- Remarketing with Google Analytics;
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting;
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting; and
- Integrated services that require Google Analytics to collect data via advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers
Display of Advertising/Your Choice
LodgeLink is committed to providing you with relevant content and information. We may do this through the collection of cookies and other technologies, such as whether you are looking for remote accommodations in certain areas. We use this information, together with other information we have collected about you, to serve you with ads on our Website that are relevant to where you travel. For example, if you search for a camp near Fort McMurray, you may see an ad for a camp or company that operates in nearby areas.
Please note that we do not combine the information we collect your searches on this Website with personal information (such as email address). Furthermore, we do not share your personal information with third parties so they can serve you with advertisements related to your searches.
Use of Your Personal Information
We may use the Personal Information we collect for a number of different business purposes including to:
- verify your identity and eligibility for our services;
- answer your or your organization inquiries and requests;
- operate, protect, improve and optimize our Website and booking system;
- track and analyze your preferences to better understand and respond to your needs and eligibility;
- develop, improve, market and provide services to you, your organization and parties;
- maintain our relationships with you and your organization;
- communicate information about special events, special offers, promotions and surveys from us;
- tailor our online content based on your interactions with us and your preferences;
- send you support, administrative messages, reminders, technical notice, updates, security alerts, and information request by you at any given time;
- conduct research and analysis, planning, service development, security or risk management; and
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, suppliers, etc.
We take great care to ensure that your Personal Information is securely stored. Please be aware that Personal Information may be used, processed and stored outside of Canada and may be subject to disclosure in accordance with the laws of such foreign jurisdictions.
With whom we share your information
This Website may share or disclose your information with the following entities:
- Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect your information on our behalf, for the purpose to operate features of our Website or to facilitate the delivery of relevant content. We required them to follow the same data security practices that we ourselves adhere to.
- Referring websites. When you land on our Website from another website. That site is called referring website. We may share some information about you with that referring website. We currently do not have limitations on how the referring websites use and collect your personal information. It is recommended to review the privacy policies of any website that referred you here.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
To ensure the Personal Information held by us is accurate and current, at any time, you are entitled to request access to your Personal Information, and that it be changed. Please contact us using the details below to make a request. Upon receipt of your request, we will respond within a reasonable time.
How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
We take all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information by maintaining appropriate safeguards against any misuse or loss from unauthorized and unlawful access, copying, modification and disclosure. This includes:
- adhering to our internal guidelines and rules on how we are to treat Personal Information, privacy and security in our business operations and systems; and
- periodic monitoring and auditing regarding how we treat Personal Information, and addressing any concerns.
We will obtain the necessary support and cooperation of other people in order to effect our Privacy Commitment. We will only keep your Personal Information as long as is reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the information was collected, unless otherwise required by Canadian law.
Links to Third Party Web Sites
Our Website may contain hyperlinks to another person’s website or services for the purpose of your convenience or information, including social media websites. Should you choose to click on the hyperlink, even if it appears that you are still within our Website, you will be under the privacy policies and guidelines or the action of that other person’s website. We are not responsible or liable for how other person’s websites collect, use and disclose your Personal Information. We highly recommend you to be aware when you leave our Website and to read the privacy policies on any of those websites.
Changes to This Private Policy
We may decide to change our Privacy Commitment from time to time. When we do, we will post those changes on this page so that you are always aware of the Personal Information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances we disclose it. Please check this Website regularly for the current version.
Questions and Concerns? Contact Us
Should you have any questions, comments or concerns respecting our Privacy Commitment or your Personal Information please email us using our contact form <link to contact us page>
How you can access your information
You can access and update your contact information by visiting this website’s Login page. You can access other personal information that we may have about you by contacting us at the email address below. You can close your account by contacting us at the email address listed below. Please note that after you close an account, you will not be able to sign in or access any of your personal information using our online tools. However, you can open a new account at any time. Please also note that we may retain certain information associated with your account for as long as we have a legitimate reason for doing so.